Obama delivers diatribe against GOP: ‘What happened to the Republican party?’

By | September 22, 2019

Clickbank Affiliate Scripts

But over the past few decades the politics of division and resentment and paranoia has unfortunately found a home in the Republican Party this Congress has championed the unwinding of campaign finance laws to give billionaires outside influence over our politics systematically attacked voting rights to make it harder for young people and minorities and the poor to vote handed out tax cuts without regard to deficits slash the safety net wherever it could cast dozens of votes to take away health insurance from ordinary Americans embraced wild conspiracy theories by those surrounding Benghazi poor my birth certificate rejected science rejected facts on things like climate change embraced a rising absolutism from a willingness to default on America’s debt by not paying our bills to a refusal to even meet much less consider a qualified nominee for the Supreme Court because he happened to be nominated by a Democratic president none of this is conservative I don’t I don’t mean to pretend I I am channeling Abraham Lincoln now but that’s not what he had in mind I think when he helped form the Republican Party it’s not conservative it sure isn’t normal it’s radical it’s a vision that says the protection of our power and those who back us is all that matters even when it hurts the country it’s a vision that says the few who can afford high-priced lobbyists and unlimited campaign contributions set the agenda and over the past two years this vision is now nearing its logical conclusion so that with Republicans in control of Congress and the White House without any checks or balances whatsoever they’ve provided another trillion dollars in tax cuts to people like me who I promise don’t need it and don’t even pretend to pay for them it’s supposed to be a party supposedly of fiscal conservatism suddenly deficits do not matter even though just two years ago when the deficit was lower they said I couldn’t afford to help working families or seniors on Medicare because the deficit was an existential crisis what changed what what change they’re subsidizing corporate polluters with taxpayer dollars allowing dishonest lenders to take advantage of veterans and students and consumers again they’ve made it so that the only nation on earth to pull out of the global climate agreement it’s not North Korea it’s not Syria it’s not Russia or Saudi Arabia it’s us the only country there are a lot of countries in the world we’re the only ones they’re undermining our alliances cozying up to Russia what happened to the Republican Party its central organizing principle in foreign policy was the fight against communism and now they’re cozying up to the former head of the KGB actively blocking legislation that would defend our elections from Russian attack what happened there’s sabotage of the Affordable Care Act has already cost more than 3 million Americans their health insurance and if they’re still in power next fall you’d better believe they’re coming at it again they’ve said so in a healthy democracy there’s some checks and balances on this kind of behavior this kind of inconsistency but right now there’s nothing Republicans who know better in Congress and they’re they’re they’re quoted saying yeah we know this is kind of crazy are still bending over backwards to shield this behavior from scrutiny or accountability or consequence seem utterly unwilling to find the backbone to safeguard the institutions that make our democracy work and by the way that the claim that everything will turn out ok because there are people inside the White House who secretly aren’t following the president’s orders that is not a check I’m being serious here that’s not how our democracy is supposed to work these people aren’t elected they’re not accountable they’re not doing us a service by actively promoting 90 percent of the crazy stuff that’s coming out of this White House and then saying don’t worry we’re preventing the other 10% that’s not how things are supposed to work this is not normal these are extraordinary times and they’re dangerous times but here’s the good news in two months we had the chance not the certainty but the chance to restore some semblance of sanity to our politics

As found on Youtube


Clickbank Affiliate Scripts